100% PURE GRAPEFRUIT ESSENTIAL OIL
The grapefruit (Citrus × paradisi) is a subtropical citrus tree known for its relatively large sour to semi-sweet, somewhat bitter fruit. Grapefruit is a citrus hybrid originating in Barbados as an accidental cross between two introduced species – sweet orange (C. sinensis), and pomelo (or shaddock) (C. maxima) – both of which were introduced from Asia in the seventeenth century.
When found, it was nicknamed the "forbidden fruit ". The grape part of the name alludes to clusters of fruit on the tree that often appear similar to grape clusters.
- The grapefruit is a subtropical citrus tree grown for its fruit which was originally named the "forbidden fruit" of Barbados.
- The fruit was first documented in 1750 by Rev. Griffith Hughes when describing specimens from Barbados.
- All parts of the fruit can be used. The fruit is mainly consumed for its tangy juice .The peel is also a source of dietary fiber.
Direction for Use
Diffusion: Use four to five drops in the diffuser of choice.
Topical: Apply one to three drops to palm, then apply to desired area.
Aromatic Benefits of Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Lower cravings and hunger.
- Turn on relaxation responses and even lower blood pressure naturally.
- Reduce headaches, sleepiness, brain fog, mental fatigue and even poor moods.
- Increase alertness while also calming nerves.
- Eliminate odors.
Topical Benefits of Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Boost circulation.
- Improve skin health, a natural acne treatment
- Ease hangover
- Heal sore muscles
- Improve hair health
- While some essential oils are suitable for ingestion, others are safe only for topical application or for use in aromatherapy.
- Keep all essential oils out of reach of children and pets , and never apply concentrated essential oils to mucous membranes or sensitive areas.
- Also, if you are allergic to a certain food, do not use any essential oils or carrier oils that come from the same plant as the allergen.
Conduct a Patch Test
Never assume that an essential oil has the same properties as the plant it came from. To do this, apply a little diluted essential oil to your inner arm. Watch carefully for redness or irritation that develops either immediately or within as long as twenty-four hours; if it occurs, do not use the essential oil.
NOTICE: THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE, OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE.